"Offering pupils remote learning of the highest quality"
When remote learning started back in March 2020, at the start of the pandemic, our staff body swiftly adapted to the technology of 'Google classrooms' to offer pupils remote learning of the highest quality. It really is 'business as usual' with a determined effort to keep things as close as possible to normal. We are proud of the excellent education that we continue to offer to our pupils when they are studying at home, where class, group or a small number of pupils need to self-isolate, or local restrictions require pupils to remain at home.
When teaching pupils remotely, we will aim to:
- Maintain almost all of the normal timetable, with almost every lesson being live.
- Pupils have continued morning and afternoon registrations with their Form Tutors.
Keep the daily routine of school life, ensuring that our pupils progress as though they were in the classroom at school
- Continued pastoral support with one to one communication with teachers
- There are frequent assemblies for Years 3 –6
- Barfield is focused on continuing the extra-curricular activities remotely, which includes individual music lessons, LAMDA, Drama Club and even Ballet lessons. During lockdowns Barfield invited visitors to attend sessions including a magician and Relax Kids teaching yoga.
- Adjust the pace or difficulty of what is being taught in response to questions or assessments, including, where necessary, revising material or simplifying explanations to ensure pupils’ understanding
- Our SEN programme will continue with 1:1 'Google Classroom' lessons.
- At Barfield clear communication has always been at the heart of what we do, forming strong relationships with staff, parents and pupils. Although the National Lockdowns could have resulted in challenges in this area, we have found alternative ways to ensure that communication stays open and clear at all times